Detailing World Forum banner

Help - White VW paint

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  woollamj92 
#1 ·
I picked up a 2010 VW Golf this week and it's covered in swirls (looks like car wash inflicted?) - this i noticed when i viewed it last week and thought i'd be able to sort.
Today i used the DAS-6 with orange pads and SSR2.5 which did a little to correct, then switched to Merentza (can't remember the number) which did a little more.
I then tried both compounds on a white pad which is for hard paint/ deep scratches and this didn't do much more.
The paint has come up brighter but in the sun the swirls are still there which is annoying.
On my last VW - 2007 ED30 Golf in red the orange pads and Merentza did a 90% correction so i'm not sure what to do now?

Anyone know which pads and compound i can use for a (hopefuly) 1 pass correction?

Thanks

#3 ·
on hard paint i find megs 105 and hexlogic orange pad does wonders - but as youve already hit a certain panel a few times , id get the paint depth checked before hitting it with an ultracut compound - maybe try megs #83 or 205 on hexlogic green polishing pad?

#4 ·
Funny my gf just got a 2010 white mk6 golf last week and I done a detail on it for her over 2 days including interior so didn't have a large amount of time. The paint on her car was also heavily swirled. No RDS but just bucket loads if swirls. I got great one stage results with my rotary using menzerna PF2500 and yellow 3M polishing pad. Now, full correction wasn't achieved but I'd say 90% of the swirling was removed and brought serious gloss back into the paint.

#9 ·
Hi

Had a 2011 vw polo gti in candy white. carried out a full paintwork correction. extremely hard paint found megs microfiber DA system to be the best

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.