View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
123quackers
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
Hello, but of an introduction to my problem

I recently purchased a run around which is a white Ford Galaxy, it was a bit of a bargain and has been used as a motorsport 'ambulance', so the sides we're stickered up with red and yellow square batton marking.

So we've removed the stickers, knowing full well it could damage the paint underneath, and of course it has, the lacquer has been pulled off in patches with the stickers.

Now I'm not really bothered about it being perfect, it's purely a workhorse we bought for carting around our mountain bikes, but we do need to re-lacquer the necessary bits for protection.

My question is, can the lacquer be blended into the rest of the panel? No base coat has been damaged, so I'm hoping with a bit of patience it can be sorted.

I've bought some Upol 1k lacquer, hoping to give it a go this weekend, so hints and tips appreciated! Thanks
Are you 100% sure the lacquer has come off, sometimes the glue residue is left behind giving it that look... Wash the side of the van with Tar & Glue remover first.... A bit of cutting polish on a cloth in the same area will tell you if its lacquered, how old is said Galaxy?
123quackers is offline   Reply With Quote