Detailing World Forum banner

Some new packages under way here at obsidian

8K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  GleemSpray 
#1 ·
As an addition to our regular new car prep packages, we have added a spray on front end protection product. This has to be painted in a professional booth and baked to properly work. However doing this has opened up the door to other fun packages.
The car below is a daytona grey RS3 that the owner wants to make a little more unique. So we painted a matte overcoat on it, so that some gloss black accents can be added at a later date, along with a new gloss black grille and badges. I think it will look bad ass and i love the matte over coat

WP_20151010_17_12_32_Pro by Matt Rowe, on Flickr

P1050692 by Matt Rowe, on Flickr

P1050694 by Matt Rowe, on Flickr

WP_20151010_19_58_02_Pro by Matt Rowe, on Flickr

P1050700 by Matt Rowe, on Flickr

P1050703 by Matt Rowe, on Flickr

P1050705 by Matt Rowe, on Flickr

P1050709 by Matt Rowe, on Flickr

P1050709 by Matt Rowe, on Flickr

P1050714 by Matt Rowe, on Flickr

P1050717 by Matt Rowe, on Flickr

P1050718 by Matt Rowe, on Flickr

P1050719 by Matt Rowe, on Flickr

P1050727 by Matt Rowe, on Flickr

P1050728 by Matt Rowe, on Flickr

P1050731 by Matt Rowe, on Flickr

P1050733 by Matt Rowe, on Flickr

Something a little different for a change

See less See more
#9 ·
Looks good.

Is it permanent?

What prep would be needed?
Its permanent unless you want to peal it off, in which case the more coats on the easier to peel. But it wont wash off, shampoo doesn't hurt it, it can be waxed even.
Prep is like a coating. It needs to be as clean as possible. Ideally washed, clayed, and multiple wipedowns before taping, then another again after. Much like a paint job

#11 ·
Yes 100%. Grille is having a ceramic coat added, before fitting. Rear rings are done already. Then the lower mouth will be done to match, and the customer is going to decide on wheels and or mirror housings for when we do the other stuff.
Hopefully be before the end of the month. Then a quick interior spruce up, and a wipe over with artdejohnson and the car is done!

#13 ·
£850 for that size vehicle. That includes 5 to 6 coats of matte then the fuel resistant over coat. If you wanted a full colour change THEn matte or gloss it would be a touch more.
For reference the over all increase in thickness is 100um average over the whole car. This can be increased f you want even more product applied

#19 ·
I will do mate. Will be trying it out on my own car and trying a colour change to the KP pigments Deep Sea Blue pearl. Initially I wanted a satin coat but cardipuk dont do a satin. However I may just topcoat with the 2k high gloss but not sure how many coats are ideal?

I think its an amazing colour:argie:

#22 ·
looks good :thumb: ive been looking at doing my alloys for sometime and started looking at plastidip but decided im gonna try cardip as the finish is fuel resistant, Been waiting for the aerosols to come back in stock for the high gloss finish. Been a while and ive had to contact Cardip in Czech Republic to see if they can send me some

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.