Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 25-09-2019, 10:39 AM   #41
donnyboy
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
I applied it to my car using wipe on wipe off on a dry car. Seems to go on and off ok. Later it rained and the beading was really bad! It was like there was something on the panels.

Out I went with the hose and gave it a high pressure blast. Then the beading started!!! I misted more on and dried the car. After that it’s been really good. I did all surfaces too.

Did the wife’s car by washing then misting on, wiping around with a MF that ended up really wet. Then blasted off and dried. I then rung out the MF and went round the car again with it, doing wipe on with the damp MF and wipe off with a dry MF. Hers has some black plastic that seems to darken abit too.

I think the damp MF method would be best way of wipe on wipe off, if not using it with rinse off method.

Also if you pull the trigger fully in you get a better mist. Its quite thick so if you just do small presses of the trigger it splats on abit.

Last edited by donnyboy; 25-09-2019 at 10:41 AM.
donnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2019, 11:20 AM   #42
iCraig
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyboy View Post
I applied it to my car using wipe on wipe off on a dry car. Seems to go on and off ok. Later it rained and the beading was really bad! It was like there was something on the panels.

Out I went with the hose and gave it a high pressure blast. Then the beading started!!! I misted more on and dried the car. After that itís been really good. I did all surfaces too.

Did the wifeís car by washing then misting on, wiping around with a MF that ended up really wet. Then blasted off and dried. I then rung out the MF and went round the car again with it, doing wipe on with the damp MF and wipe off with a dry MF. Hers has some black plastic that seems to darken abit too.

I think the damp MF method would be best way of wipe on wipe off, if not using it with rinse off method.

Also if you pull the trigger fully in you get a better mist. Its quite thick so if you just do small presses of the trigger it splats on abit.
Itís not meant to be wiped on a dry car, which is probably why you got the initial results you did.

The initial application is on a wet car and buffed off.

Iíve had this in my car for about ~6 weeks and itís still beading well having followed Meguiars instructions.
iCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2019, 11:32 AM   #43
Dave50
Orbital Oracle

I put it on a dry car without any problems at all, and am very pleased with the results, which was over 2 months ago. Beading as the day I applied it.
Dave50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2019, 12:21 PM   #44
donnyboy
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCraig View Post
Itís not meant to be wiped on a dry car, which is probably why you got the initial results you did.

The initial application is on a wet car and buffed off.

Iíve had this in my car for about ~6 weeks and itís still beading well having followed Meguiars instructions.
I know its for a wet car, but wanted to try this method as other have had good results.
donnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2019, 07:25 PM   #45
Marcinzsosnowca
Unwashed Member

On a friends car after 5 months without any special care it was beading really nice.
Marcinzsosnowca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2019, 07:02 AM   #46
BarryAllen
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosh View Post
Tried my HCW today, but didnít go too well.

My advice, donít do this anywhere near sun. You also need some water on the panel, if you try and use it near dry, itíll smear.
Have you tried a heavily damp MF cloth for application (when using on dry panels)?.... was a trick that brought the very best out in Meguiars Paint Protection (the red varnish one) despite instructions on the bottle to keep panel dry for a period after application.
BarryAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2019, 01:47 PM   #47
deadeye
Sponge Jockey

I was in a rush last time I washed my car - I slobbed it on pretty thick and quick and rather than buffing it off - I pressure washed it off.

I think it might even bead better than before.

Great product considering the price.
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2020, 06:44 PM   #48
winther
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Bringing back this thread as this product is currently on prime day offer for £14
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meguiars-G1...f-63b70969df13
winther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 04:49 PM   #49
deadeye
Sponge Jockey

I've changed to HydroSelex Recharge
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:32 PM   #50
sm81
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,131 Posts
What’s HCW real life durability? I have seen everything quoted from 1 month to more than 6 months in a daily driver.
Is this good enough for clients who needs solid 5-6 months durability without topping it with anything? Sandro for car craft detailing speaks highly for this.
sm81 is offline   Reply With Quote