Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > Health & Lifestyle Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health & Lifestyle Zone Suited and Booted ,Grooming, Personal Care, Health, Shaving , Aftershaves , Clothes , Watches and more

Old 24-05-2018, 05:26 AM   #11
huxley309
Washmitt Meister

I would say Padstein, still has an active fishing harbour, not many of those left here and gorgeous coastline going down from there.
Constantine bay, Trevose head, Bedruthan steps all within a few miles, as is Haywood Cider farm in St maybyn that haven't long starred their Sunday social gatherings.

Either this or south coast say helston downwards so porthgwarra/porthcurno, Prussia cover etc.

I live in Bodmin and take many photos all over the cost so seen most of it.
huxley309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2018, 09:10 AM   #12
Starbuck88
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 3,592 Times in 2,347 Posts
Garage
What type of things would you like to acually do and see?

I live in Cornwall so let me know and I'll be more than happy to help.

You've had some good advice from people above, I'd add going to see Kynance Cove to the list, it is an absolutely stunning beach visually.

Depends what you're into but going to see a little show at the outdoor Minack Theatre is an experience if they do a show late enough for it to be glorious sunshine then pitch black by the time it's finished, it's lovely.

As for things to do, in Newquay you have Jet Ski Safaris, Paddleboarding, Surfing lessons, you've got world famous Fistral Beach and some night life and some very good restaurants now.

Just a shame a lot of the town centres look like ones around the country, empty shops everywhere.
Starbuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2018, 10:16 PM   #13
RedUntilDead

Thanks guys some really good ideas.
For the weeks we wanted some of our first choices have been booked.
Just booked a nice little apartment in Barnoon with parking space. It says St ives Centre is a couple of minutes walk and we have a sea view. Seems a nice base and we intend to be out and about exploring this lovely part of the country.
RedUntilDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2018, 08:04 AM   #14
muzzer

Thanked 5,742 Times in 3,681 Posts
Garage
Another shout out for Kynance Cove, possibly the most beautiful beach in England. If you are that way and want to go the furthest point south on the mainland, then Lizard Point is worth a visit. Both are National Trust land so pay and display and if you want to go to Kynance, get there early.

Whilst you are in that area, food wise if you can get a table at Boo Koo's in Helston and you like your food, then you wont find bigger portions.

St Michaels mount is worth a visit, again National Trust

St Ives, never got the buzz surrounding it but it is a nice place to visit and the park & ride from the leisure centre is a god send.

Padstow, i love this place despite Rick Stein seemingly owning half of it, spent a glorious hot afternoon wandering around there with the wife.

Falmouth, not that bad but not really seasidey . Amazing cafe with incredible cakes close to the cancer reasearch shop

Fowey, another place i love to visit and also has a bus to get you back out of the town to the car park - it's steep!
Old 10-07-2018, 12:34 PM   #15
hardyd44
PC Perfectionist

I have been down to the area around Lizard for the last 7 years - love it, long journey from where I live, if i can give one tip - do not travel on a Saturday in either direction its is a nightmare, we break the journey up by stopping at Portishead Point for a hour on the way down, lovely for a short break from the journey and only 10-15 minutes off route.
As said before Kynance Cove is absolutely beautiful, I love going down to Lizard Point, and don't forget Coverack and Porthleven - in my opinion one of the most stunning areas of the country. and you must try a Anne's Pasty

I wouldn't bother with lands end - just felt like visiting a shopping centre when i visited it (was the first time down there though)

Last edited by hardyd44; 10-07-2018 at 12:39 PM.
hardyd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 03:08 PM   #16
ffrs1444

Garage
I Always say Polzeath I camp there once your there no need to use the car everything is walking distance Especially for evening meals Beers a lot of campsites are away from towns when someone has to drive.
ffrs1444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2018, 10:21 AM   #17
RedUntilDead

Got back Friday night. The 6 1/2 hour “clear” journey took 9 hours there with 3 breaks and 10 hours back with 3 breaks. I don’t think there will ever be a good time to travel the m6 or m5 anymore. So many vehicle breakdowns and roadworks slowed the flow.
What a fantastic place to visit. Apologies for any spelling here but we stayed just off Porthmeor Beach in a modern apartment run by aspects. They seem to manage most of the properties in St Ives. Had some amazing meals but trying to get a table anywhere is a nightmare even for just two. Places are either booked well in advance or if bookings are not accepted you rock up early to put your name on a list and hope to get seated. So many people in such a small town I suppose.
Thanks for the recommendations and we did most of them plus a few touristy others such as Healy cider farm, seal sanctuary and Eden project.
Favourite cost just a voluntary donation for parking/toilet and that was the coastal walk from lizard to Kynance, just wow. Disappointing that not many people actually donated anything but each to their own eh.
Locals are friendly and welcoming and it was great not to see loads of crap tattoos, drug use and England footy tops - looking at you Spanish resorts
Will definitely go back and at least we now know that driving a Navara through the back streets of St Ives on a Friday afternoon is not a good idea
RedUntilDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2018, 10:06 AM   #18
virgiltracey
Orbital Oracle

Glad you had a good time, I got back last night and managed the complete opposite to you! a new record of 3hrs 27 from Newquay to Warwickshire.

Also glad you got over to Healeys, we went Sunday for a bit of breakfast and cider tasting, the place has relaly improved since we started going although i'd say the factory shop is not quite as cheap as it could be... considering the bottles were a few pounds a pack cheaper in the Morrison's down the road!
virgiltracey is offline   Reply With Quote