Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Money And Business Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Money And Business Zone All things money related, Savings, Finance, Pensions ,Insurance, Mortgages and more,

View Poll Results: Would you buy home furnishings online? Sofas/Beds/Flooring?
Yes, I would buy home furnishings without seeing them in person. 10 26.32%
No, I would always go and try them in person before buying them online later. 9 23.68%
No, I would always prefer to see and purchase them in a store to make sure its what I want. 19 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2021, 01:22 PM   #41
Darlofan
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,111 Times in 1,401 Posts
Garage
Looks like our replacement bed will be going back to John Lewis now as well. Base has started creaking, exactly the same spot as last time but on the other side this time. Possibly had it 4weeks!!
Time to look for a different one.
Darlofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 03:13 PM   #42
The happy goat
PC Perfectionist

Garage
I’m a touchy freely sort of person i need to see it in the flesh before i purchase anything new.
The happy goat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The happy goat For This Useful Post:
straight6hatch (04-05-2021)
Old 04-05-2021, 05:50 PM   #43
Rappy

I answered yes. But in reality, it's both

Sofas, I would really need to see.
Bed frames, ordered online
Matresses is both
Table & chairs is both

Hope that helps
Rappy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rappy For This Useful Post:
straight6hatch (07-05-2021)
Old 06-05-2021, 08:48 AM   #44
SarahAnn

I prefer to buy online. I hate dealing with salespeople.
SarahAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SarahAnn For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2021, 11:28 AM   #45
straight6hatch
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahAnn View Post
I prefer to buy online. I hate dealing with salespeople.
Haha! Ill try not to take it personally

TBH, I know a lot of people say this but we dont really have 'salespeople' here. They're more 'experts' that guide customers and help answer questions. We never ever push customers into buying things. Is that the part you hate?
straight6hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 02:24 PM   #46
Sam6er

Big items, i would look online to get a feel for the styles/prices and then go to a store to have a closer look and purchase. Our sofas were bought in store, dining room table and chairs in store, beds and matresses again in store, flooring in store, even our lighting all came from a local lighting store. Clothes and shoes are another one that i dont like buying online, i like to see the item, feel its quality, try it on to check the fit.

Only things i buy online are consumables e.g. batteries, shampoos, cat food, or detailing items/car parts. Even my car parts i try to buy locally but my main factor is brand. If the local stores dont have the brands i want then i resort to online. my local store doesnt keep decent brake part brands in as they have noticed the local community usually buy the cheaper parts so its not economical for them to stock the more expensive brands, so i buy those online. Filters they have the brand i want so all filters are purchased locally.

Some things i did buy online that i would have normally bought in store were some garden solar lamps and only after looking everywhere locally to find no one had the style we were after. Another item was the rug for our living room was bought from wayfair. not too much to check there, thickness, size and pattern/colour. Although they delivered the wrong item so i got a full refund and they didnt want the item back lol. Again the rug was only bought online as the choices i saw in various stores were not to my liking or not the right size

I went for option 3.
Sam6er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sam6er For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2021, 08:23 AM   #47
SarahAnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6hatch View Post
Haha! Ill try not to take it personally

TBH, I know a lot of people say this but we dont really have 'salespeople' here. They're more 'experts' that guide customers and help answer questions. We never ever push customers into buying things. Is that the part you hate?
Yes, that's the bit I hate. Sorry if it came across the wrong way
One of the things I bought instore was a small sofa for my, I call it snug, my winter sitting room where I sit with my dogs at night. I just wanted a basic sofa that I wouldn't be too precious about. The way they try to sell the coatings and don't like no as an answer and I actually got sucked into buying the silly little cups for the feet on the sofa because the salesman just wouldn't give it a rest. They were £20 and I could have got them at the poundshop.
straight6hatch (08-05-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 11:46 AM   #48
straight6hatch
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Yes, that's the bit I hate. Sorry if it came across the wrong way
One of the things I bought instore was a small sofa for my, I call it snug, my winter sitting room where I sit with my dogs at night. I just wanted a basic sofa that I wouldn't be too precious about. The way they try to sell the coatings and don't like no as an answer and I actually got sucked into buying the silly little cups for the feet on the sofa because the salesman just wouldn't give it a rest. They were £20 and I could have got them at the poundshop.
Sarah, Im with you all the way. As I explained earlier in the thread, I used to sell cars for a main dealer. I always vowed never to listen too hard to the 'sales process' or 'tactics' and also promised myself never to impose them onto my team. Its incredible how much it actually works. We sell far more with less hassle by not pushing people than we ever would by being pushy. Its almost like reverse psychology . We also dont sell any extras such as 'scotchguard' or 'sofa cups' as they rarely ever work as intended!

And dont worry, it didnt come across the wrong way whatsoever. Theres no right or wrong answer with this thread. Im just curious to know peoples thoughts. I think we can all agree, pushy salesman need to get in the bin
Old 09-05-2021, 08:39 AM   #49
SarahAnn

Yeah straight in the bin along with their sofa feet cups
straight6hatch (10-05-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 09:48 AM   #50
straight6hatch
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Yeah straight in the bin along with their sofa feet cups
hahahaha! Exactly! Ive never understood the appeal of those cups. Any sofa will cause dents in carpet so instead of having a dent the size of the feet, you put a cup under it and make an even bigger dent??? The mind baffles. Wooden floors are the only exception!